Although iOS 10 was a bit of a disaster for jailbreakers things could be looking up for the future. The Mobile Security Conference has not long finished in Shanghai and one of the highlights was the demonstration of a new jailbreak. Called k33n, pronounced Keen, the jailbreak was demonstrated by a team of research developers headed up by a member of TenCent Keen Labs and the head security researcher at Alibaba.
Image : Keen Jailbreak
The Keen Jailbreak was demonstrated as working at different stages on a wide range of iOS devices, proving just how versatile k33n jailbreak truly is. For anyone that wants to give it a go, we are going to show you how to download Keen jailbreak on your iOS device.
Image : Keen Jailbreak Interface
Quick Links :
How to Download Keen Jailbreak :
The best way to do this is with Safari browser on your iOS device. Please don’t bother attempting to use any other browser because it won’t work:
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch Safari browser
- Go to the address bar and type in keenjailbreak.com . Tap Go and wait for our mobile web page to load fully
- Tap the big UP arrow , top or bottom of the screen, depending on the device you are using
- Now you will see a few new options load at the bottom of your screen , tap on Add to Home Screen
- Now type Keen into the box to name the icon and tap on Add
- Close Safari and the new Keen app icon will be on your home screen
Video: Watch to see these steps being performed
Keen Jailbreak could be the future for the jailbreak community. In the absence of any communication with teams like Taig and PP, we had to rely on Luca Todesco for our previous couple of jailbreaks. As he has now ‘retired’ from all public iOS security research work we can’t rely on him for future jailbreaks and, as such, we are now reliant on teams like Keen to keep us going.
Image : Cydia on iPhone
Let us know how you get on with Keen Jailbreak and if you have any trouble downloading it. Don’t forget to use TinyUmbrella [ext link] to save your SHSH blobs as well; in the future, we will be able to use the tool for downgrading so we can use jailbreaks like this one should the need arise.
For now, you can follow us on Facebook and we’ll keep you up to date with all the latest jailbreak news.